Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Duffy[_7_] Mike Duffy[_7_] is offline

Default Oxygen concentrator sound level

On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 19:21:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Machines make noise.

This brings to mind something I've wondered about the past few years.

We can increase efficiency in internal combustion engines by supercharging.

Would it not also increase efficiency by a factor of 5 by eliminating the
~80% inert nitrogen in the intake manifold? For sure, an oxygen
concentrator would take away some power, but then superchargers do so as
well. They seem to be worth the extra weight as well, all things
considered.