Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default Hydrogen engines

On 19/01/2020 13:37, Chris Hogg wrote:

But how and where are they going to store a month's worth of hydrogen?
The volume would be absolutely huge, even if compressed. The phrase
'greens don't do sums' is occasionally trotted out on this NG. That
looks like a classic example of just that.

I'm pretty sure I already gave a link once in this thread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_storage

"The storage capacity of the German natural gas network is more than
200,000 GW·h which is enough for several months of energy requirement."

Plus we could use depleted gas wells.

Greens might not do sums but you appear to be unable to use wiki.