Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default what's a quick way to verify UVC from germicidal lamp?

In article , says...

Trying not to make this complicated. All I wanted to do was see if the
lamp was in fact still producing the necessary UVC spectrum. Surely,
there should be something on the market that perhaps fluoresces only
when UVC illuminates it. Or something similar and relatively simple.

Lots of cloth material made out of polyester that is white will have a
chemical in it that glows under the UV light.

Try taking several pieces of white clothing and even the white thread
that some buttons are sewen on with will work.

Where I worked making polyester sandoze was added to the material to
make the whites even whiter. That glows under UV light.