Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default what's a quick way to verify UVC from germicidal lamp?

On 2020/01/18 1:11 p.m., KC JONES wrote:
I've had a germicidal lamp more or less in storage for a number of
years, but recently brought it out to sterilize a room where a person
had been sick.Â* However, I don't know if it still emits the germ killing
UVC spectrum.Â* What's a quick way I could tell for sure?Â* Thanks.

Inverse square law makes your idea not so practical, aside from the
inherent dangers of exposure to raw UV light!

Better to wash the room down with a disinfectant, or simply air it out
for a while...

If the person was very contagious then look up the procedures for
dealing with that rather than making up your own potentially dangerous
ones.

John :-#(#