Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default [OT] "Houston, we have a problem."

On 1/8/2020 8:05 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 04:34:46 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 12:01:39 AM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jan 2020 21:32:55 -0500, J. Clarke
wrote:

[big old snippity snip]

"tends to indicate"

That's a pretty strong argument. Akin to...

might, maybe
kind of, sort of

It's illegal to sell homemade wine, but you can use it
It's illegal to sell a counterfeit handbag, but you can use it

The law related to the selling of a product doesn't automatically make
(or even indicate) its use illegal. There would need to be specific law governing the product's use.

Wll here in Ontario you can't sell a vehicle with them on it as a
roadworthy vehicle, and if you get caught with them on the road you
WILL be charged. Furthermore if you get involved in an eccident where
property damage or bodilly harm results from their presence you WILL
face severe penalties - like assault with a dangerous weapon, or
dangerous vehicle operation, or quite possibly dangerous or careless
driving. The officer will throw enough charges to be sure at least one
will stick

I think that I see the problem. Clare, you do realize what the US -
Canada border represents, do you not?

Your argument is veering dangerously close to something like "If my
hunchbacked brother had a compressor instead of the hump, he might be a
refrigerator."