Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default That home made sports car

"David Billington" wrote in message
I wonder if that comment might explain a mates situation when he had
to replace a diff in his Jeep here in the UK. Apparently no way to
know whether it was a US made diff or a Italian one from the VIN
number you just had to remove it and measure the fasteners. The US
one used inch still but the Italian one used metric, fortunately for
him it was the Italian one as they were £350 each whereas the US
made one was £700 with shipping, customs, and VAT.

Still inch, even after Daimler owned them?

My 1991 Ford, made in Kentucky, is all metric. I had to buy 18mm
wrenches and sockets to work on it because they aren't included in
sets.