Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default seatbelt

On 12/23/2019 2:02 AM, micky wrote:

Car is in a traffic accident,

Body shop won't return the car for 4 months because they ordered a new
seat belt and it's not avaibable anywhere in the US, has to come from
some other country. Takes 4 months.

Have you ever heard that a body shop can't return a car if a seat belt
is missing?

Why couldn't they get a seatbelt from a junkyard, at least temporarily.

They didn't say what kind of car.

Wonder if body shop is scamming your insurance company by charging daily
storage for the car. It happened to me last year in an accident with
the tow shop not releasing it. Same thing happened in an accident 20
years ago with insurance company urging me to get it taken to the body
shop. In both cases car was totaled but insurance could take two weeks
to look at it and they had no control over the guy that towed it.