Posted to alt.home.repair

Default seatbelt

On 12/23/2019 4:31 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Who said the seat belt was coming from there? And Trump has had them
included in his trade wars, the steel tariffs for example, applied
to them. But the comment was pretty much a joke. IDK why it would
ever take 4 months to get a seat belt. But them Micky seems to come
across all kinds of things that you and I never encounter.

Hard to bleieve 4 months for the seat belt. I hope I never buy a car
that has that kind of lead time for parts.

I have order around 200 things off ebay from China. They charge no or
very low postage. Some items were even under one dollar postage paid.
They usually arrive in a month . The longest was 7 weeks.

If is an older car and no parts in stock, I can see four months. The
supplier may may a small run of that item and it is not scheduled for a
long time. I know we had machines at work with long setups and long
runs and I'd not break in just for one lady than needed one part.

Junk yard would be my choice even if it was the wrong color. Come back
in four months and we'll swap it out.