Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won'tbe interested of course

On Friday, December 20, 2019 at 3:13:37 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
The US is the only country with hardcore unemployable and chips on their
shoulders? Maybe the difference is that the US has a culture that
celebrate guns, shooting, violence as part of our heritage and has
more guns per capita than anywhere else?

Yes. Don't underestimate the power of societal attitudes. Culture can trump character. I'd give some references but people don't read (they hide the secrets............in books!)

And societal attitudes do change over time, and are the real answer to violent crime. Just within my lifetime we've seen some major shifts in attitudes toward drunk driving (a rite of passage when I was a kid, now something no longer condoned), physical abuse of women, racism. Not that these have disappeared - but in much more of our population they are considered wrong.