Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won't be interested of course

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 17:43:14 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, December 20, 2019 at 3:25:09 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Capital punishment is an official recognized approval of the idea that killing people is a good way to solve problems. I suggest eliminating it as one possible step along the path to civilization.

Agreed

As over half the crimes are commited by the same ones over and over,
capital punishment would automatically eliminate over half the crimes.

Simple solution.

We have life sentences, you know. And your concept seems to assume that
we have a death sentence for the first minor crime or couple of crimes.
Is that the new Amerika? There are plenty of obvious things to fix and
do that will have positive results and don't require killing anyone.

The death penalty is for the worst offenders but once you have
sentenced them to life without parole and they commit another crime,
is that one free?