Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default A thoughtful viewpoint from an Australian........ gun nuts won'tbe interested of course

On 18/12/2019 17:22, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 10:23:51 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 18/12/2019 15:02, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

ABC US correspondent Zoe Daniel on covering mass shootings and worrying
about her kids at school

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/ba...sting/11795138
--
Bo

Bad as it is, she does not have to be here in the first place.

People worry so much about the gun deaths, but sweep under the rug that
in the US slightly over 100 people die every day in car accidents. Hard
telling how many get injured really bad.

Looks to me like there needs to be much more thought into how to prevent
car accidents and road rage.

Any other country would regard 45 school shootings in one year to be

horrendous. Nearly one a day.
I can only recall the UK having just 2 in its history.

The US has the weakest gun laws in the developed world.

--
Bod

It's not the whole US. As I've pointed out many times, many states do have
reasonable gun laws. Other states like FL have laws where a guy with a
troubled past, known to the local police to be trouble, can just walk in
to Dicks and buy whatever guns he wants, because they have no permit
process at all. Most important we need uniform laws across the whole US.
Right now 80% of the guns used in crimes in NJ come from out of state.

Ok, understood.

--
Bod