Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Problems with email using BT

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I recently switched from Plus net to BT. I have my own domain so that
when I move internet supplier I can keep the same email addresses. This
has worked fine in the past but now BT will not let me communicate with
Hotmail addresses. Why, and is there a way around this problem?

I too have my own domain. But not Hotmail.

Are you sure your POP details are all correct? The local host may be
totally different to that in the email address, as may the server.

With my BT email, they are and mail.btinternet.com
My own domain, very different.

I think it also required a mandatory password, unlike by previous ISP.

Thank you all for your replies, but the questions are to involved for
me. :-((