Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Drivers wait in line to charge Teslas

In article , lid says...
I certainly trust mechanical gauges more than a digital representation
of an analog sensor. Folks act like just because a digital display has
a number precise to 2 decimal places that it is that accurate.

I have a digital thermometer that shows temperature precise to tenths of
a degree. The accuracy of the thermometer is so low that extra digit is
not useful.

I calibrated lots of instruments at work. We could trace our
calibration standards to the government standard.

They were accurate to less than .1% . However the thermocouples we used
in the process were only rated to plus or minus 3 deg C at the 300 deg C
we were clost to measuring.
That ment we could be off several degrees . However the computer
readouts were to 2 or 3 decimal places depending on the software. That
is not counting a conversion or two in the path between the TC and
computer screen.