Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led on but switch off

On 12/10/19 2:44 PM, Thomas wrote:
Pulled it off the ceiling. Black on black, white on white, the yellow ground that is connected to the frame is wire nutted and taped.
2 wires. Glows when off. The wall switch only turns this on, no other appliance.
Just pulled the switch faceplate. 2 wires. Not sure where they go. I originally did not cap the white. My own mispoken words concerned me. Got dressed this am with breaker off and flashlight.

I have some ceiling boxes with TWO hot wires, one switched and the other
always on. This is for a ceiling fan, where the wall switch is just for
the light. The fan uses its own switch. Could you have something like
that, and used thw wrong wire?

--
14 days until the winter celebration (Wed, Dec 25, 2019 12:00:00 AM for
1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A hundred thousand lemmings can't be wrong."