Simon Avery

Default Best Screw of 2002

SJ wrote:

Hello SJ

S| Hi, excuse the subject line, i bought the QUICKSILVERŽ
S| PRODRIVEŽ SELECTION PACK SCREWS from screwfix and have got
S| to be honest have thrown more out than i have used, it seems
S| that the heads are to soft so just round off, As anyone
S| bought decent screws from screwfix if so which ones.

Buy a decent driver bit!

Screwfix Gold or Diamond Posi2 tips are recommended. Last for ages.
Generic or even branded stuff just doesn't last and will round off PDQ
especially in a power driver.

The only issue I have with screwfix screws, and I've bought a LOT, is
the occasional infilled head - perhaps 1/1000. And then only when
you're at the top of a ladder and only took just enough screws with
you so you've got to go back down to get another.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/