Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stu jaxon Stu jaxon is offline

Default MESR-100 METER SHORTED

Hi Group, can someone help please? I was working on a Hisense 40" LED TV, Testing the CAPS in circuit with the power on(plugged in), with the MESR-100 v2.3 meter and accidentally crossed the leads on the meter testing a cap, on the power supply and as far as i know, I only blew the fuse on the board, I removed 8 caps from the board and tested them with the meter and they all tested -0.00 I know that is not a correct reading, when initially turning on the meter it supposed to read OL now reads .729... so i tested the caps with a DMM and found three bad caps. can this meter be fixed?? any suggestions on this matter will be taken seriously, Thanks..