Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

On 06/12/2019 22:59, dennis@home wrote:
On 06/12/2019 21:26, wrote:
On Friday, 6 December 2019 21:02:54 UTC, ARWÂ* wrote:
How do you work out do some of the answers?
Take Q7
I just think easy. 10% is 24, half that and add it to 24.

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember 15% VAT.

Owain

I am old enough to remember purchase tax which was about 40% before it
was replaced by VAT at 15%.

Well you must be suffering from Brain Fog then -

The initial VAT rate in 1973 was 10%, which was then reduced to
8% with a higher luxury rate of 12.5%, though Healey doubled that
to 25% (current standard rate in Scandi/Nordic countries).

I think EU rules do not allow a standard rate below 15%.