Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_9_] soup[_9_] is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

On 06/12/2019 11:03, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 09:40:36 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay wrote:

That kind of â tinkeringâ by children is pretty well a thing of the
past.

Toys like Mecanno,

But still easyly available, so someone must be buying them.

I found it nearly impossible (well almost) to buy old style Meccano (you
know with a multitude of bits you could make into anything). Instead it
seemed to be all kits you could make into ONE specific thing (Action man
was the same, no 1 Action man and 50 uniforms it was a separate Action
man for each activity). I had to go off the beaten path to find Neccano
that was just parts.

I blame the French, Meccano was much better when it was a Hornby thing.