Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default which option is the best for a lawn that has now become adandelion bed

Tim+ Wrote in message:
Jimk wrote:
Tim+ Wrote in message:
wrote:
I have a lawn that was laid 10 years ago with Rolawn Medallion turf at a
rental house. The tenant has been there all that time.

In that time, it has now become a dandelion bed, i.e there is now very
little grass visible and is now basically full of dandelions.

I see I have several options:

Dig it all up and lay new turf.... how long do the dandelion tap roots go
down and how do I ensure I get the entire tap roots out?

Apply a total weedkiller, wait several months and then reseed with grass seed

Apply a selective weedkiller to kill just the dandelions and hope the
grass then regrows and fills in the space left by the dandelions

Pay GreenThumb or similar X quid a month and get them to visit several
times a year and sort it out for me.

What do the panel think?

S.

I looked at the price of selective weed killers and realised that paying a
lawn care company to do it made more sense. No regrets.

Tim

Price of green thumb p.a.?
Is your lawn weed free as a result?

No idea about price of green thumb but our firm treats our lawn four time a
year at about £30 a time. Lawn looks very good.

Tm

I was helping at a friend's patio project over summer & realised
he has some lawn care company on contract as they turned up for
10 minutes one day.
The lawn? Green but choc full of moss, plantains, creeping
buttercup etc etc.

Not a good advert IMHO.

--
Jimk