Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Using pipe freeze

On 07/12/2019 13:21, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I have used this in the past when moving radiators round but never on a pressurised system. I need to alter the pipe work for the new kickspace heater and just need the pipes blocked long enough to cut the existing pipes and fit a couple of full bore isolating valves. So any gotchas?

Richard

I've used a mains-powered freezer successfully (just) but had a couple
of fails with pipe freeze. I wouldn't bother with freezers; release the
pressure and cut/isolate one pipe at a time. There won't be much water
loss but I would have a wet vac handy just in case.