Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Using pipe freeze

Tricky Dicky wrote:
I have used this in the past when moving radiators round but never on a
pressurised system. I need to alter the pipe work for the new kickspace
heater and just need the pipes blocked long enough to cut the existing
pipes and fit a couple of full bore isolating valves. So any gotchas?

Richard

On a pressurised system Id just drop the pressure to zero and cut the
pipes. You shouldnt lose too much water whilst cutting and fitting the
valves. (Interestingly enough, I also fitted full bore taps to my kickspace
heater as the small ones were too restrictive. I also got rid of the
flexible connecting pipes by using large U shaped loops of plastic 15mm
pipe thats much less restrictive and still allows the heater to be pulled
out.)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls