Posted to uk.d-i-y
pamela pamela is offline

Default which option is the best for a lawn that has now become a dandelion bed

On 23:35 6 Dec 2019, alan_m wrote:

On 06/12/2019 22:19, ss wrote:
On 06/12/2019 22:12, wrote:
Apply a selective weedkiller to kill just the dandelions and hope the
grass then regrows and fills in the space left by the dandelions

Above is what I would do.

The problem is those weedkillers on sale to the general public are often
jus as effective as a chocolate tea pot.

My local council once explained they were no longer permitted to use certain
weedkillers on the streets but I was able to buy them.

I suspect public restrictions have caught up to make us just as restricted.

The potential with dandelions is that the problem doesn't originate in
your garden. You may clear the problem in your lawn and re-seed but next
season thousands of new seeds will float in from your neighbours.