Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] gopalansampath@gmail.com is offline

Default which option is the best for a lawn that has now become adandelion bed

On Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 10:06:36 AM UTC+11, wrote:
On Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 9:33:06 AM UTC+11, Chris Green wrote:
wrote:
I have a lawn that was laid 10 years ago with Rolawn Medallion turf at
a rental house. The tenant has been there all that time.

In that time, it has now become a dandelion bed, i.e there is now very
little grass visible and is now basically full of dandelions.

I see I have several options:

Dig it all up and lay new turf.... how long do the dandelion tap roots
go down and how do I ensure I get the entire tap roots out?

Apply a total weedkiller, wait several months and then reseed with grass seed

Apply a selective weedkiller to kill just the dandelions and hope the grass
then regrows and fills in the space left by the dandelions

Pay GreenThumb or similar X quid a month and get them to visit several
times a year and sort it out for me.

What do the panel think?

Just mow it regularly.

--
Chris Green
ยท

yes, if you have a second strip of grass around home mow there, after the first, that way you will have dandeleons uniformly all over your lawn areas !!!

Joke apart, my personal experience is these damndeleons spread easily when you use the mower. Best, as I found,, is to remove them complete root stock and barrel using garden tool. And it needs patience careful not to seveer the root and do it more than 1 season b4 one can see them disappear.