Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] gopalansampath@gmail.com is offline

Default which option is the best for a lawn that has now become adandelion bed

On Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 9:33:06 AM UTC+11, Chris Green wrote:
wrote:
I have a lawn that was laid 10 years ago with Rolawn Medallion turf at
a rental house. The tenant has been there all that time.

In that time, it has now become a dandelion bed, i.e there is now very
little grass visible and is now basically full of dandelions.

I see I have several options:

Dig it all up and lay new turf.... how long do the dandelion tap roots
go down and how do I ensure I get the entire tap roots out?

Apply a total weedkiller, wait several months and then reseed with grass seed

Apply a selective weedkiller to kill just the dandelions and hope the grass
then regrows and fills in the space left by the dandelions

Pay GreenThumb or similar X quid a month and get them to visit several
times a year and sort it out for me.

What do the panel think?

Just mow it regularly.

--
Chris Green
ยท

yes, if you have a second strip of grass around home mow there, after the first, that way you will have dandeleons uniformly all over your lawn areas !!!