Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin H[_2_] Kevin H[_2_] is offline

Default iPad 2 any use to anybody?

On Thursday, 5 December 2019 15:53:05 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I finally retired my old iPad 2 and was wondering if it was any use to anyone as it is still working and it just grates on me to toss something away when it is not broken. I am not looking for any money for it just some worthy cause to give it to.

We use an iPad 2 as a picture frame. I found a reasonable app that cycles through photos which I update by connecting the ipad to my PC. It normally sits with airplane mode enabled so it doesn't try and update itself. The only issue with the app is that I can't get it to start or stop in any timed fashion so when I want to use it I need to wake it up and remember to close the app when we want to turn it off.