Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

"ARW" wrote in message
On 04/12/2019 22:00, Steve Walker wrote:
On 04/12/2019 20:11, wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 December 2019 18:03:51 UTC, ARW wrote:
This year we have 2 third year apprentices. Neither of them can fit a
back box straight, wire up a two way lightswitch etc etc.

Could I suggest that being able to wire up a two way lightswitch should
be an *entry criterion* to being an electrical apprentice?

Fairly sure I could have done it at 16.

In fact I was probably doing it about 8, with a battery and paperclips
and brass paper fasteners for switches :-)

I think I was about 12 or 13 when I installed the two mains spotlights,
pair of dimmers and changed the switch near the door of my bedroom from a
single gang to a 3-gang, with two way switching on both the spotlights.

When they start with use they cannot use a screwdriver.

Fark.

Things were different 10 years ago, they get worse every year in most
cases.

Wonder why in such a short time. Maybe the schools
have stopped doing that stuff now, there. Presumably
you should know that from the midget in residence at
your place who likely is as big as you now.

Every so often you get a good one.

Yeah, the best of them dont need schools to teach stuff like that.