Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default iPad 2 any use to anybody?

I finally retired my old iPad 2 and was wondering if it was any use to anyone as it is still working and it just grates on me to toss something away when it is not broken. I am not looking for any money for it just some worthy cause to give it to.

With It being a 32 bit device and Apple not accepting apps unless they are 64 bit is it now completely defunct? Myself I did not bother too much with apps using it mainly for email and internet stuff which it was still happily doing until the end albeit somewhat slower following the last OS upgrade when Apple kindly slowed performance to prolong battery life!

I know we have some Apple haters on this NG but setting prejudices aside is it of some use to someone or has it just become an expensive door wedge?

Richard