Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

Would it not go through the window and the cost would probably bankrupt the
scaffolding company. Yes it seems that the scaffolding is often erected by a
contractor of the contractor.
Brian

I had scaffolding at the front of my house during the summer and around
6 weeks later my neighbour had the same. Two different companies and it
was evident from how the scaffolding was erected and dismantled[1] that
the company that I employed knew what they were doing and the company
that my neighbour used were somewhat lacking in skill.

Price guide for anyone interested (SE Essex): £360 incl. VAT. I had the
scaffolding up for around 5 weeks with no extra charges.

[1]
Mid-terrace houses and 3 stage scaffolding to front of house up to roof
ridge above bay windows. My house, when dismantling it was less than one
hour from the truck tuning up, 3 men to dismantle and load the truck to
the truck leaving. My neighbours scaffolding company nearer 4 hours to
do the same job with 3 men.