Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default They cant even forecast currentr temperatures right..

One of the issues with this is that you need to know the dew point for what
altitude clouds form as the air cannot hold the moisture as well as the
temperature drops. So they forecast no fog and a ceiling of 5000 feet and
then find its down at 0 at ground level and so is the dew point so you get
fog if the air has a lot of moisture content. Clouds on the ground.
Always airfields have their elevation recorded, known as QFE, which they
then calibrate their altimeters with against the barometric pressure, these
days measured in hecto[-PASCAL's. If we leave can we have millibarrs back?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
"Global Warming" Met office adds two degrees to *actual* airbase
temperatures...

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Energy%20pi...hermometer.png
Thats how ****ing accurate their models are..

My MAplin laser thermometer is suffering from global cooling,
it seems to be reading about 2 degrees C lower than the mercury
dry/wet bulb thermometer (the dry one).