Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please face forward and hold the handrail

On Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 3:56:03 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 12/01/2019 12:52 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 23:32:47 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 11/30/2019 10:16 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 23:36:13 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,

says...

I have a little sympathy since when I get a cup of drive through coffee
I'd really prefer to drink it now and not 30 miles down the road.

You should not be drinking the coffee while driving. If you spill it,
even if it is a drink that is not hot like water and you have to make a
sudden stop or have to make a quick turn you will be distracted.

However in some of the traffic jams I have seen , you can drink that cup
of coffee before you go a block, even giving it time to cool down.

I wonder how long it will be until they reverse the drive through so
the food goes in the passenger window. There is no placeable reason to
believe a driver, alone in the car is not going to be eating and
drinking while they drive. Eating a whopper or drinking hot coffee is
every bit as distracting as holding a cell phone.
I doubt you can buy a mixed drink at the drive through anymore. That
used to be a thing in Southern Md.

Whoppers aren't bad although the dressing tends to drip on your crotch.
Colonel Sanders chicken is a disaster though. Nothing like a well
greased steering wheel.

I've seen drive through liquor stores but I've never seen single serving
drinks.

We've got drive-through beer store up here in Ontario - along with
braille on drivethrough bank machines - - - -

That Braille bit does make me wonder...

Among other reasons, it's because they manufacture the front panels of
drive-up and walk-up ATMs the same.

Cindy Hamilton