Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please face forward and hold the handrail

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 12:15:07 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 12/1/2019 10:32 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

In courts here in Delaware if defendant is found against them blame is
apportioned. You do not sue for a dollar value but essentially for
damages. If it were determined that it was 90% her fault, as most here
would agree, she might recover 10% of the damages.

From my limited experence in NC traffic laws if even 1 percent of an
accident is your fault, then it is up to each driver to fix their own
car.
Say you are going down the road and decide to turn in a drive way,
there is a minimum distance where you are suppose to turn on the turn
signal. If someone rams you from behind, it is still partly your fault
if you did not signal atleast that far ahead of time.

All state courts have a somewhat different perspective.

Here, I found that if you get a traffic ticket for an accident if you
just pay it and it gets to court you have no defense. I was advised to
plead no contest and pay the ticket as if it does get to court you can
bring up arguments in your defense to mitigate the damages if you lose.

On the national level we see it all the time where law firms shop the
courts where they know they can get a favorable verdict.

It is best to take any accident related ticket to court. The cop
generally did not see the offense and the only witness is the other
driver. If they don't show, case dismissed.
Tip, if both drivers got cited, postpone your court date, just in case
he does show up for his ticket and it is scheduled the same day.