Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please face forward and hold the handrail

On 12/1/2019 1:32 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/30/2019 10:16 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 23:36:13 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,

says...

I have a little sympathy since when I get a cup of drive through coffee
I'd really prefer to drink it now and not 30 miles down the road.

You should not be drinking the coffee while driving.* If you spill it,
even if it is a drink that is not hot like water and you have to make a
sudden stop or have to make a quick turn you will be distracted.

However in some of the traffic jams I have seen , you can drink that cup
of coffee before you go a block, even giving it time to cool down.

I wonder how long it will be until they reverse the drive through so
the food goes in the passenger window. There is no placeable reason to
believe a driver, alone in the car is not going to be eating and
drinking while they drive. Eating a whopper or drinking hot coffee is
every bit as distracting as holding a cell phone.
I doubt you can buy a mixed drink at the drive through anymore. That
used to be a thing in Southern Md.

Whoppers aren't bad although the dressing tends to drip on your crotch.
Colonel Sanders chicken is a disaster though. Nothing like a well
greased steering wheel.

I've seen drive through liquor stores but I've never seen single serving
drinks.

New Orleans has daiquiri shops

https://www.thekitchn.com/the-drive-...adition-241670