Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Voted

"Richard" wrote in message
On 01/12/2019 06:55, RJH wrote:
On 30/11/2019 11:34, tim... wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 29 November 2019 15:13:10 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
T i m wrote:

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against

Why not do what everyone else will be doing and decide to vote for[1]
someone, rather than against something?

I'd say because in the general election, although Brexit is perhaps the
biggest thing there are other things to be condidered from the NHS to
what to do about climate change (if it's happening)

and wtf difference is voting for one party or the other going to do
anyway?

we are 0.1% of the world population

And consume/produce vastly more per capita than most countries. And we're
(the UK) about 1% of the global population - producing 1% of CO2
emissions (for example, insofar as that's a measure of it all).

we can reduce our carbon footprint to zero and it's going to make ****
all difference if the other 99.9% does nothing (which is exactly what
most of them are doing)

Why would that stop you doing the right thing?

The right thing is sustainable population. That doesn't mean enough food
to feed the pestilence, it means a population that does not adversely
affect the balance.

All modern first world countrys and most second world country
arent even self replacing now if you take out immigration.

The TOTAL of India and China, by far the two most
populous countrys now isnt self replacing either now.

The right thing to do is cull several billion,

Bull****.

but that is deemed extreme.

Corse its extreme. You are however free to cull yourself.

Natural calamities will just have to do,

They never do anymore. Even full world wars dont.

or a new top level predator might be cool.

Humans predate fare more humans than anything else does.