Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Voted

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 19:36:08 +0000, nightjar
wrote:

On 27/11/2019 21:50, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 17:48:39 GMT, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

I understand she can't leave the building during opening hours but she
wouldn't need to do that to vote would she??

Is she working in the polling station she would need to use?

(Just asked) and she isn't.

I think that's normal. The chap I knew who did this job lived 100 yards
from his polling station, but alwsys workd at another.

Cheers, T i m

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 22:34:40 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

snip

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

I understand she can't leave the building during opening hours but she
wouldn't need to do that to vote would she??

Is she working in the polling station she would need to use?

(Just asked) and she isn't.

I think that's normal. The chap I knew who did this job lived 100 yards
from his polling station, but alwsys workd at another.

Interesting, thanks.

I wonder if that's done for a reason, to prevent cheating in some way?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2019 21:26, T i m wrote:

wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

Lucky boy! You have two papers to spoil. Enjoy.

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against (not the
point of the GE but when in Rome ...).

That's mainly thanks to the likes of you and the other fanatical
Brexiteers here.

Glad to be of service. Now, to sort out that brain thing of yours.

If the likes of you want Brexit it's going to be 100% it's not a good
idea.

That's for helping me make a decision this time (daughter voted Remain
to counter a racist last time, as did the Mrs). ;-)

Diane Abbot in their constituency?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 21:44:37 -0000, NY wrote:

We're going to be away at election time so we've applied, but

we've
not received our ballot papers yet.

Have you had your poll cards? They say if you have postal vote and
when it should be delivered by which is the 6th Dec here.

Yes we had our poll cards a while ago. We then applied for a postal
vote. If the ballot paper is delivered by 6 Dec, we'll be fine.

I'd check that your application has been succesful, recorded and when
they expect them to be actually delivered rather than wait until the
deadline. Remember if you have fallen off the postal vote list it'll
take a day or three to get to you.

Arrival around two weeks before the date of a poll is normal for our
council.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2019 07:43, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Arrival around two weeks before the date of a poll is normal for our
council.

My council sends out a letter telling me that I have a postal vote and
when to expect the ballot paper to drop through my letter box. They also
state that if the ballot paper is not received by a certain date to
contact them. From memory, this date was at least a week before the
polling date - presumably to allow time for a second ballot paper to be
sent out.

My ballot paper arrived at the beginning of this week (week ending
30/11/19).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 28 November 2019 16:32:03 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"NY" wrote in message

or a proxy vote in which case your proxy needs to be someone local who
votes (on your behalf) in person.

Not aware of any system that allows proxy voting for elections.

You're not aware of much when it comes to reality are you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...lication-forms

We can in ours.

Common with shares and credit unions and stuff like that.

common for our elections.

OK, so we're in an area where our votes will be pushing against an already
open door, so we'll just increase the votes for the foregone-conclusion
candidate,

Yeah, that's why I don't bother to vote even tho its compulsory here.

I'd hardly call it compulsory when you can agree to pay a fine rather than vote.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

Lucky boy! You have two papers to spoil. Enjoy.

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against (not the
point of the GE but when in Rome ...).

Will someone tell T i m he is is NOT in Rome, also tell him he is presently on planet Earth.

If the likes of you want Brexit it's going to be 100% it's not a good
idea.

will 100% be counted as a super majority ?
or does that only apply if the result is what you want it to be.

That's for helping me make a decision this time (daughter voted Remain
to counter a racist last time, as did the Mrs). ;-)

That isn;t how voting works, you don't vote to cancel another person vote, that isn't on any ballot paper.
Or rather I haven't seen a box on a ballot paper that you can tick to cancel someone elses vote.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 28 November 2019 22:50:44 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 22:34:40 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

snip

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

I understand she can't leave the building during opening hours but she
wouldn't need to do that to vote would she??

Is she working in the polling station she would need to use?

(Just asked) and she isn't.

I think that's normal. The chap I knew who did this job lived 100 yards
from his polling station, but alwsys workd at another.

Interesting, thanks.

I wonder if that's done for a reason, to prevent cheating in some way?

Cheers, T i m

Does she happen to know what job(s) she will be doing, as a friend of mine was employered as a counter so didn't have to arrive until after about 9pm but before 10pm. He didn't want to be a clerk who had to be there by about 6am.
Then there are runners who basically cart the voting boxes about.
But this was about 10-15 years ago.
he was also told not to wear anything that could be seen as a party colour, even though he wasn't going to be seen by the voting public.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against

Why not do what everyone else will be doing and decide to vote for[1]
someone, rather than against something?

[1] since that how votes actually get counted.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 29 November 2019 15:13:10 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
T i m wrote:

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against

Why not do what everyone else will be doing and decide to vote for[1]
someone, rather than against something?

I'd say because in the general election, although Brexit is perhaps the biggest thing there are other things to be condidered from the NHS to what to do about climate change (if it's happening)

Remind us what you voted for or against at the 2016 referdum.

what actually did NOTA mean and who would have it sorted thungs out ?

[1] since that how votes actually get counted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
NY wrote

OK, so we're in an area where our votes will be pushing
against an already open door, so we'll just increase the
votes for the foregone-conclusion candidate,

Yeah, that's why I don't bother to vote even tho its compulsory here.

I'd hardly call it compulsory when you can agree to pay a fine rather than
vote.

More fool you. Its compulsory to have a drivers
license if you drive on public roads and you get
fined if you get caught driving without one.

And I never get a fine for not voting.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:41 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for HALF AN HOUR, already!!!! LOL

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 02:41:43 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile troll****

02:41??? AGAIN? You pseudo-human filthy really know NO shame AT ALL!

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 29 November 2019 15:41:53 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
NY wrote

OK, so we're in an area where our votes will be pushing
against an already open door, so we'll just increase the
votes for the foregone-conclusion candidate,

Yeah, that's why I don't bother to vote even tho its compulsory here.

I'd hardly call it compulsory when you can agree to pay a fine rather than
vote.

More fool you. Its compulsory to have a drivers
license if you drive on public roads and you get
fined if you get caught driving without one.

Here I think you get banned from driving.

And I never get a fine for not voting.

Nither have I and voting isn;t compulsary here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
NY wrote

OK, so we're in an area where our votes will be pushing
against an already open door, so we'll just increase the
votes for the foregone-conclusion candidate,

Yeah, that's why I don't bother to vote even tho its compulsory here.

I'd hardly call it compulsory when you can
agree to pay a fine rather than vote.

More fool you. Its compulsory to have a drivers
license if you drive on public roads and you get
fined if you get caught driving without one.

Here I think you get banned from driving.

Not really that practical to ban you from voting
if you get caught not voting when its compulsory.

And I never get a fine for not voting.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)" wrote in message
I'm beginning to think unless you are in a marginal you can vote for who
you like really.

I'd be surprised if Giles Brandreths daughter would get in here with Ed
Davey in the seeat and nobody knows much about the others.

almost nobody votes for personalities

they vote for the party

Obviously with someone as high profile as Davey there is scope for him to
have acquired a personal vote but within the remaining electorate people
just vote for their selected coloured rosette.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"charles" wrote in message

wrote:

Well that's it I've voted..

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

I understand she can't leave the building during opening hours but she
wouldn't need to do that to vote would she??

Is she working in the polling station she would need to use?

(Just asked) and she isn't.

I think that's normal. The chap I knew who did this job lived 100 yards
from his polling station, but alwsys workd at another.

so what arrangements are in place to allow him to vote?

Though TBH, ISTM the idea that "not allowed to leave the polling station"
for the whole 15 hours it is open, cannot be the case. That is in
contravention of the WTD and, on the assumption that the task is a paid one,
then these rules do apply.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 28 November 2019 22:50:44 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 22:34:40 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

snip

[...]

so that's: red, green, blue, yellow, purple. Not much left is there?

Pink's hardly appropriate for a man

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NY" wrote in message
"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Well that's it I've voted..

So you've received your postal ballot paper already, have you? We're going
to be away at election time so we've applied, but we've not received our
ballot papers yet. I'm not sure when they will be sent. I was surprised
that the application didn't ask when we were going away and therefore when
we needed to have received them. It's a shame that there isn't (as far as
I know) the idea of a postal proxy vote:

but there is:

one of the complaints with the current postal voting system that that there
is an unlimited number of postal votes that can be harvested by a single
person

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 09:03, tim... wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

he was also told not to wear anything that could be seen as a party
colour,

so that's: red, green, blue, yellow, purple.* Not much left is there?

Black or brown, with a white shirt or blouse.

Pink's hardly appropriate for a man

Have you not watched Michael Portillo's train journeys?

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 10:37:31 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Here I think you get banned from driving.

Not really that practical to ban you from voting
if you get caught not voting when its compulsory.

Blathering senile idiot! LOL

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 09:20:39 +0000, nightjar wrote:

On 30/11/2019 09:03, tim... wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

he was also told not to wear anything that could be seen as a party
colour,

so that's: red, green, blue, yellow, purple.* Not much left is there?

Black or brown, with a white shirt or blouse.

No, the Tories have black shirts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 09:03, tim... wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

he was also told not to wear anything that could be seen as a party
colour,

so that's: red, green, blue, yellow, purple.* Not much left is there?

Black or brown, with a white shirt or blouse.

No, the Tories have black shirts.

You are confusinging them with momentum supporters

--
It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.

Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against

Why not do what everyone else will be doing and decide to vote for[1]
someone, rather than against something?

I'd say because in the general election, although Brexit is perhaps the
biggest thing there are other things to be condidered from the NHS to what
to do about climate change (if it's happening)

and wtf difference is voting for one party or the other going to do anyway?

we are 0.1% of the world population

we can reduce our carbon footprint to zero and it's going to make **** all
difference if the other 99.9% does nothing (which is exactly what most of
them are doing)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
tim... wrote:
we can reduce our carbon footprint to zero and it's going to make ****
all difference if the other 99.9% does nothing (which is exactly what
most of them are doing)

Quite. At the end of the day, mother nature will sort it out. And I won't
be around then.

--
*Why is it that to stop Windows 95, you have to click on "Start"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 10:48:57 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

No, the Tories have black shirts.

Better than Red.

Q. What's red and hangs from a ****?

A. Jeremy Corbyn's tie.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"nightjar" wrote in message
On 30/11/2019 09:03, tim... wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

he was also told not to wear anything that could be seen as a party
colour,

so that's: red, green, blue, yellow, purple. Not much left is there?

Black or brown,

Or navy blue. Those are what I wear all the time.

with a white shirt or blouse.

I never wore those. Grey instead of white with
collared shirts or patterned ones later but now
I wear navy blue T shirts all year round.

Pink's hardly appropriate for a man

Have you not watched Michael Portillo's train journeys?

And Boris wears pink shirts at times too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 06:05:59 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Black or brown,

Or navy blue. Those are what I wear all the time.

with a white shirt or blouse.

I never wore those. Grey instead of white with
collared shirts or patterned ones later but now
I wear navy blue T shirts all year round.

Pink's hardly appropriate for a man

Have you not watched Michael Portillo's train journeys?

And Boris wears pink shirts at times too.

Are you now quarrelling and smartassing about the colour of T shirts, you
cantankerious, senile idiot from Oz? LOL

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
and totally irresponsible talk. Your mouth could get you into a lot of
trouble."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against

Why not do what everyone else will be doing and decide to vote for[1]
someone, rather than against something?

I'd say because in the general election, although Brexit is perhaps the
biggest thing there are other things to be condidered from the NHS to
what to do about climate change (if it's happening)

and wtf difference is voting for one party or the other going to do
anyway?

we are 0.1% of the world population

we can reduce our carbon footprint to zero and it's going to make **** all
difference if the other 99.9% does nothing (which is exactly what most of
them are doing)

Yeah, in spades with Australia.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 07:04:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yeah, in spades with Australia.

NOBODY talked to you or mentioned Australia, you obnoxious senile Australian
idiot!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 08:59:52 -0000, tim... wrote:

Though TBH, ISTM the idea that "not allowed to leave the polling
station" for the whole 15 hours it is open, cannot be the case.

Aye depending on how you define "polling station" I wonder how many
have loo within that boundary.

That is in contravention of the WTD and, on the assumption that the task
is a paid one, then these rules do apply.

WTD, ha! Left home this morning at 0630 got back at 2230.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against

Why not do what everyone else will be doing and decide to vote for[1]
someone, rather than against something?

I'd say because in the general election, although Brexit is perhaps
the biggest thing there are other things to be condidered from the NHS
to what to do about climate change (if it's happening)

and wtf difference is voting for one party or the other going to do anyway?

we are 0.1% of the world population

And consume/produce vastly more per capita than most countries. And
we're (the UK) about 1% of the global population - producing 1% of CO2
emissions (for example, insofar as that's a measure of it all).

we can reduce our carbon footprint to zero and it's going to make ****
all difference if the other 99.9% does nothing (which is exactly what
most of them are doing)

Why would that stop you doing the right thing?

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

I doubt I'll be actually spoiling either this time as I / we have
something we actually / specifically want to protest against

Why not do what everyone else will be doing and decide to vote for[1]
someone, rather than against something?

I'd say because in the general election, although Brexit is perhaps the
biggest thing there are other things to be condidered from the NHS to
what to do about climate change (if it's happening)

and wtf difference is voting for one party or the other going to do
anyway?

we are 0.1% of the world population

And consume/produce vastly more per capita than most countries. And we're
(the UK) about 1% of the global population - producing 1% of CO2 emissions
(for example, insofar as that's a measure of it all).

sorry my mistake.

we can reduce our carbon footprint to zero and it's going to make ****
all difference if the other 99.9% does nothing (which is exactly what
most of them are doing)

Why would that stop you doing the right thing?

because it overly inconveniences me in a way that the rest of the world's
population isn't inconvenienced

and it adds to our company's costs of operation that makes them
uncompetitive in a world competing with companies in other countries that
don't have this extra costs.

FTAOD, I do my part. I use PT exclusively, I recycle all my waste
(preferring not to actually take that waste from the shop in the first
place). I never ever throw away uneaten food. I use reusable shopping bag
(always have done even before it was encouraged by a tax). I have my house
heating set to a low level etc etc

But apparently I am some climate criminal because I should have the temerity
to have 2 holidays per year (oh and now eating meat as well makes me a major
criminal).

what a load of nonsense

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

[...]

The right thing is sustainable population. That doesn't mean enough food
to feed the pestilence, it means a population that does not adversely
affect the balance.

The right thing to do is cull several billion, but that is deemed
extreme. Natural calamities will just have to do, or a new top level
predator might be cool.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

[...]

Because 1% wont charge a thing, even if CO2 does matter.

You lot are already the right thing with the new nuke.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message

T i m wrote:

[...]

All modern first world countrys and most second world country
arent even self replacing now if you take out immigration.

The TOTAL of India and China, by far the two most
populous countrys now isnt self replacing either now.

The right thing to do is cull several billion,

Bull****.

but that is deemed extreme.

Corse its extreme. You are however free to cull yourself.

Natural calamities will just have to do,

They never do anymore. Even full world wars dont.

or a new top level predator might be cool.

Humans predate fare more humans than anything else does.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 20:31:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

All modern first world countrys

The senile idiot typed it again!!! LOL It's just ONE symptom of your
clinical insanity, eh, senile Rodent? You INSIST on typing it YOUR way,
clincically insane as you are! LOL

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 20:11:50 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Why would that stop you doing the right thing?

Because 1% wont charge a thing, even if CO2 does matter.

You lot are already the right thing with the new nuke.

NOBODY talked to you or asked you ANYTHING, you obnoxious lonely senile
pest!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

tim... wrote:

Though TBH, ISTM the idea that "not allowed to leave the polling
station" for the whole 15 hours it is open, cannot be the case.

Aye depending on how you define "polling station" I wonder how many
have loo within that boundary.

I think it's taken as the whole site.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 07:35:04 +0000, Richard wrote:

The right thing is sustainable population. That doesn't mean enough food
to feed the pestilence, it means a population that does not adversely
affect the balance.

+1

The right thing to do is cull several billion, but that is deemed
extreme.

Only because no one wants to decide who would be culled or if you
just let people die, who should be allowed to have children.

Natural calamities will just have to do, or a new top level predator
might be cool.

Natures working on it. Won't be some thing with pointy teeth that
leaps out and eats you but something we can't see, like a bacteria or
virus (or group of).

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2019 11:51, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 07:35:04 +0000, Richard wrote:

The right thing is sustainable population. That doesn't mean enough food
to feed the pestilence, it means a population that does not adversely
affect the balance.

+1

The right thing to do is cull several billion, but that is deemed
extreme.

Only because no one wants to decide who would be culled

Logic dictates that western civilisation needs to go. The rest will
collapse quite rapidly thereafter.

or if you just let people die, who should be allowed to have children.

While we're talking about who should be allowed children, why do we
spend so much money on IVF and such?

Natural calamities will just have to do, or a new top level predator
might be cool.

Natures working on it. Won't be some thing with pointy teeth that
leaps out and eats you but something we can't see, like a bacteria or
virus (or group of).

Yeah, I know the bacteria/virus thing is most likely. The pointy teeth
things would be more entertaining though.