Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Asda microwave

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/11/2019 20:06, wrote:
On Friday, 29 November 2019 17:40:36 UTC, John wrote:
All such items are sold with an instruction manual. Most can be found
on
the internet as well.

The only nuke I encountered that had such a wacko UI that I couldn't
even use it without the destructions was an Asda. I avoid them. Daewoo
has not been a good UI experience either, but at least usable after
some experimenting.

Mine is a Daewoo two knob job. Cost £39.99 3.5 years ago - still going
strong.

Yup

All I ever use mine for is heating up pre-cooked stuff and making
"baked" potatoes

Any other "cooking" returns unsatisfactory results IMHO

Thats bull**** with zapping frozen peas and corn beans etc,
doing rice,

you happen to like the end result

I do not

Your problem and a problem for you heath.

No big deal that you will die sooner.

heating cups of water for tea bags or instant coffee,

well I don't partake of these items, but this is harder than using a
kettle

Bull**** its harder. Just the cup involved when
you have the microwave for other stuff. No
wasted water heated unnecessarily.

(for zero benefit)

Thats a lie too.

making gravy, doing ready meals

as before

Not with the gravy.

how is this not "heating up pre-cooked food"

Not all of it is pre cooked.

getting the lids off stuff where the lids are too tight with stuff that
is vacuum sealed.

where I come from the sot of lid that you can't get off is of the twist
variety

Here too. Heating it in the microwave reduces
the vacuum and makes the lid easier to get off.

I can't imagine that the results of microwaving it get it off is going to
be anything other than a disaster

You could get real radical and try it and find that it isnt.