Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Asda microwave

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/11/2019 20:06, wrote:
On Friday, 29 November 2019 17:40:36 UTC, John wrote:
All such items are sold with an instruction manual. Most can be found
on
the internet as well.

The only nuke I encountered that had such a wacko UI that I couldn't
even use it without the destructions was an Asda. I avoid them. Daewoo
has not been a good UI experience either, but at least usable after
some experimenting.

Mine is a Daewoo two knob job. Cost £39.99 3.5 years ago - still going
strong.

Yup

All I ever use mine for is heating up pre-cooked stuff and making "baked"
potatoes

Any other "cooking" returns unsatisfactory results IMHO

Thats bull**** with zapping frozen peas and corn beans etc,
doing rice,

you happen to like the end result

I do not

heating cups of water for tea bags or instant coffee,

well I don't partake of these items, but this is harder than using a kettle
(for zero benefit)

making gravy, doing ready meals

as before

how is this not "heating up pre-cooked food"

getting the lids off stuff
where the lids are too tight with stuff that is vacuum sealed.

where I come from the sot of lid that you can't get off is of the twist
variety

I can't imagine that the results of microwaving it get it off is going to be
anything other than a disaster

tim