Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Asda microwave

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 30/11/2019 09:54, tim... wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/11/2019 20:06, wrote:
On Friday, 29 November 2019 17:40:36 UTC, John wrote:
All such items are sold with an instruction manual. Most can be found
on
the internet as well.

The only nuke I encountered that had such a wacko UI that I couldn't
even use it without the destructions was an Asda. I avoid them. Daewoo
has not been a good UI experience either, but at least usable after
some experimenting.

Mine is a Daewoo two knob job. Cost £39.99 3.5 years ago - still going
strong.

Yup

All I ever use mine for is heating up pre-cooked stuff and making "baked"
potatoes

Any other "cooking" returns unsatisfactory results IMHO

Scrambled egg is also good in a microwave as an alternative to using a
saucepan on the hob. Beat the egg in a Pyrex basin; add milk and salt to
taste; stick in the microwave set to about two minutes; take out every 15
seconds or so and stir with a wooden spoon until the desired consistency.

Why is that any better than in a frypan ?

Frozen peas are also quite good in a microwave container with a clip on
lid

I use a glass cup with no lid, works fine.
Easier to tip it into the sieve using the handle
on the cup, its never too hot to hold.

cooked according to the packet instructions

I just check that its noisy when taking it out of the microwave
and since its a glass cup it always has the same amount of
peas so all you have to remember is the time to get it to do that.

if you don't want to use a steamer.

Yeah the microwave is so much more convenient
and much easier to put the cup in the dishwasher.