Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Asda microwave

On 30/11/2019 09:54, tim... wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/11/2019 20:06, wrote:
On Friday, 29 November 2019 17:40:36 UTC, JohnÂ* wrote:
All such items are sold with an instruction manual. Most can be
found on
the internet as well.

The only nuke I encountered that had such a wacko UI that I couldn't
even use it without the destructions was an Asda. I avoid them.
Daewoo has not been a good UI experience either, but at least usable
after some experimenting.

Mine is a Daewoo two knob job. Cost £39.99 3.5 years ago - still going
strong.

Yup

All I ever use mine for is heating up pre-cooked stuff and making
"baked" potatoes

Any other "cooking" returns unsatisfactory results IMHO

Blimey.
Poppadums. 1 minute full power, Perfect.

Rice. Simmer for 12 minutres at 2:1 eater to rice ratio by volume. Perfect

Baked potato. 3 minutes in microwave then 10 minutes in AGA oven. Perfect.

Ditto sausages.

Scrambled eggs. About 5 mins full power pause to stir half way.
Bacon. Full power 3 minutes

Almost any veg: teaspoon of water, cover with cling film 10 minutes full
power.

Boiled eggs: use microwave egg boiler. Full power 5.7 minutes

Pork scratchings - remove half baked pork rind and nuke for 5 minutes
full power. better than any oven.

Steamed puddings. 5 minutes full power.

In short anything steamed or with water in it that you dont want a brown
outside in is perfect, and if you do want a brown outside bung it in a
very hot oven afterwards for a bit.

I've even use it to emergency cook oven roasts that have not quite done
in the oven

KISS

tim

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen