Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Power supplier wants to fit smart meters?

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
On 27/11/2019 08:37, pfj wrote:
I've just changed Power supplier to E-0n and they want to fit smart
meters. At the time of change I apparently agreed to smart meters to
be supplied, but I never noticed it.

As long as it is a second generation one then it should be secure. Having
sight of what electricity you are using in real time will probably shave
10% off your bill in the first year, but after that no further
improvement. If you already have an Owl then it saves nothing.

does it matter if it's a Barn Owl or a Little Owl?

tim