Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default turkey sizes

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 29 Nov 2019 02:09:20 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 23:36:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/28/2019 10:46 PM, wrote:

You can usually get fresh (not frozen) turkeys around the holidays but
a lot of people say the frozen one is probably "fresher" since it was
flash frozen right after it was killed as opposed to being packed in
ice for up to a month.

Some years ago we bought a really fresh fresh bird locally. It was
better but much more expensive. Don't recall the price but at least
triple.

Went to my son's house and we had a frozen bird that was 49 cents a
pound. It was pretty damned good for that price.

When you get a b or c grade bird they are even cheaper - some have 3
wings or 1 1/2 legs or other configurations, or torn skin - but they
taste just as good

I got an f grade once. He was not just cheaper, they paid ME to take
care of him. He'd been kicked out of turkey school and in return for the
pay, we had to give him classes on the meaning of various kinds of
gobbling and on turkey etiquette. He was a good student for 3 weeks
until we ate him.