Posted to alt.home.repair

Default turkey sizes

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 16:55:46 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/29/2019 4:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 10:47:49 AM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I think I have made up my mind that for Christmas I am going to the get
one of the Butterball ones. They have one that is frozen and in a
baking bag. They advertise you just take it from the freezer and put it
in the oven and in about 4 hours it is ready. Has anyonne tried that
one ?

I have not. The notion of steaming a turkey in a plastic bag holds
no appeal. The best part of the turkey is the crispy skin.

Cindy Hamilton

I've had the cooked-in-bag turkey. It was OK, but the skin is garbage.

You can crisp up the skin by cutting the bag open for the last half
hour to hour of cooking.