Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default turkey sizes

writes:
On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 11:34:03 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

I haven't gotten them in a long time but Costco had boneless thighs.
They were pretty good. I had the same reaction to pork loins. They were
inexpensive at Costco but dry. Pork shoulder is a lot tastier if I could
find a parcel less than 15 pounds. Costco seems to aim at a $20 portion,
which is a lot of pork shoulder.

You don't really have to cook the whole shoulder, I cut the big ones
into two or 3 pieces and freeze the ones I don't cook right away.
Actually my dog likes pork shoulder too so we can make the leftovers
disappear. Pork shoulder is cheaper than most comparable dog food.

Costco's shoulder packs are about 14 pounds (2 7# butts) here; I smoke and pull them;
freeze the cooked pulled pork in 3.5 oz vacuum packs. Use for sandwiches,
stir into scrambled eggs, as a pizza topping, stir into mac&cheese,
stir-fry with vegetables, stir with mashed potatoes, gravy, onions and
mushrooms, etc, et alia, und so weiter.