Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default turkey sizes

On 11/29/2019 12:09 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 23:36:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/28/2019 10:46 PM, wrote:

You can usually get fresh (not frozen) turkeys around the holidays but
a lot of people say the frozen one is probably "fresher" since it was
flash frozen right after it was killed as opposed to being packed in
ice for up to a month.

Some years ago we bought a really fresh fresh bird locally. It was
better but much more expensive. Don't recall the price but at least
triple.

Went to my son's house and we had a frozen bird that was 49 cents a
pound. It was pretty damned good for that price.

When you get a b or c grade bird they are even cheaper - some have 3
wings or 1 1/2 legs or other configurations, or torn skin - but they
taste just as good

I'm not sure I'd eat a turkey with three wings; sounds like gene
splicing gone awry.