Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default turkey sizes

On 11/29/2019 09:45 AM, wrote:
At that point you have some
math to do. My take away is when the boneless, skinless, tasteless
breasts are on sale, it is a better deal than with the skin and ribs.
Not on sale, you have to do the math but your labor is worth something
too.

Tasteless and dry was what finally got me off the cheap breast meat.

I really prefer the dark meat anyway and if you are willing to buy
thigh quarters you can get them for less than a buck a pound in the 10
pound bag. Again there is lots of waste but if it is 69 cents a pound,
who cares? With a sharp paring knife, you can bone the whole thing out
in less than a minute and end up with one slab of meat that is great
on the grill. I leave the skin on for that.

I haven't gotten them in a long time but Costco had boneless thighs.
They were pretty good. I had the same reaction to pork loins. They were
inexpensive at Costco but dry. Pork shoulder is a lot tastier if I could
find a parcel less than 15 pounds. Costco seems to aim at a $20 portion,
which is a lot of pork shoulder.