Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default overpaintable anti-mould paint.

On Friday, 29 November 2019 14:17:14 UTC, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 09:12:47 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:

debris can fall out of course so some cordoning may be needed. A dehumidifier is generally cheaper though.

I'm considering a dehumidifier, though it's surely less of a direct
approach than blowing the steam straight out of a hole in the wall.

TCO works out less for a dehumidifier, and it's much more effective. Also hassle free, compared to core drilling.

I'm sure you're right. Most convincing.
Though I'm trying hard to envisage how quickly and easily a
dehumidifier would suck the condensation off nearby walls rather than
the steam being immediately diverted to the extractor above the stove
and blown out through a hole in the wall.

The dh is sometimes quicker, sometimes not. Hopefully your new pot will minimise steam production making excess ventilation unnecessary.

NT