Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Voted

On Thursday, 28 November 2019 22:50:44 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 22:34:40 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

snip

I believe daughter is going to 'man' a local polling station for the
day. I think she is going to put me as a proxy as she's not sure if
she will be able to vote herself if working there?

I understand she can't leave the building during opening hours but she
wouldn't need to do that to vote would she??

Is she working in the polling station she would need to use?

(Just asked) and she isn't.

I think that's normal. The chap I knew who did this job lived 100 yards
from his polling station, but alwsys workd at another.

Interesting, thanks.

I wonder if that's done for a reason, to prevent cheating in some way?

Cheers, T i m

Does she happen to know what job(s) she will be doing, as a friend of mine was employered as a counter so didn't have to arrive until after about 9pm but before 10pm. He didn't want to be a clerk who had to be there by about 6am.
Then there are runners who basically cart the voting boxes about.
But this was about 10-15 years ago.
he was also told not to wear anything that could be seen as a party colour, even though he wasn't going to be seen by the voting public.