Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power supplier wants to fit smart meters?

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 01:16:57 +0000, ss wrote:

I do a periodic price check (I am still non smart meter)
I have found that in order to get a cheaper tariff I need to agree to a
smart meter, if I dont I must take a more expensive tariff!

True but the difference is fractions of a penny per unit, well less
than £50/year saving.

I know that one day I will be forced to have one but until then I am
more than happy to submit my own readings...I know when I have left a
light on and dont need a smart meter to inform me.

Aye. Pity SWMBO'd doesn't know when she has left the lights on...

--
Cheers
Dave.