Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Voted

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 21:44:37 -0000, NY wrote:

We're going to be away at election time so we've applied, but

we've
not received our ballot papers yet.

Have you had your poll cards? They say if you have postal vote and
when it should be delivered by which is the 6th Dec here.

Yes we had our poll cards a while ago. We then applied for a postal
vote. If the ballot paper is delivered by 6 Dec, we'll be fine.

I'd check that your application has been succesful, recorded and when
they expect them to be actually delivered rather than wait until the
deadline. Remember if you have fallen off the postal vote list it'll
take a day or three to get to you.

Arrival around two weeks before the date of a poll is normal for our
council.

--
Cheers
Dave.