Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Replacement TV remote

Another problem with a lot of replacements is that the user needs to have
access to the remote ie not to lose it first...

Listen even I get confused about channels, they just had another reshuffle
and I really need to spend a morning sorting the bloomin thing out AGAIN!
It would be nice if the Amazon echo could be used...
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bev" wrote in message
o.uk...
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 16:10:54 +0000, pamela wrote:

On 16:07 28 Nov 2019, Bev wrote:

Mother in Law has dementia and has lost her TV remote for her TV/DVd
combo.

Are there any recommendations for a 'universal' replacement brand and
should I be looking to get her a remote that covers two 'appliances'
even though both TV and DVD are combined into the one unit (I'm
assuming so here).

There are some brand specific remotes for her unit (Logik) but most
seem to be copies of varying quality which is why I'm looking for a
reputable maker of a universal type.

Not strictly diy I know but there seems to be a lot of general
knowledge on here.

This remote control might be helpful. My mother's assistive technology
team at the council gave her one free when she was diagnosed with
dementia. Other aids too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doro/dp/B0014F2CJC

Interesting - thanks for the link. I think that MiL may find it
confusing to skip up and down channels though when she used to just press
5 or 10 or 1 or whatever.

I suppose I could play around in the TV menu and just have her favourites
listed but I'm not sure how the remote would select from just those.

Too many channels - too much choice (and little worth watching IME)