Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Voted

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Well that's it I've voted..

So you've received your postal ballot paper already, have you? We're going
to be away at election time so we've applied, but we've not received our
ballot papers yet. I'm not sure when they will be sent. I was surprised that
the application didn't ask when we were going away and therefore when we
needed to have received them. It's a shame that there isn't (as far as I
know) the idea of a postal proxy vote: a postal ballot paper which is sent
to someone else (eg relative in another part of the country) for them to
vote on my behalf and return the ballot. There only seems to be a postal
vote (in which case you need to still be here until the ballot paper
arrives) or a proxy vote in which case your proxy needs to be someone local
who votes (on your behalf) in person.

OK, so we're in an area where our votes will be pushing against an already
open door, so we'll just increase the votes for the foregone-conclusion
candidate, but it would still be nice to vote. There's time enough yet: we
don't leave until a week on Friday.